Monday, June 6, 2011

Learning Aperture on My Camera

I'm learning the functions of my camera. We took a class last fall so I know a little about it, and I've finally taken time to use it. This first batch of photos is mostly blurry because of lighting, I think. Practice... I was trying to get a good shot of birds in the air, and some of them look funny. But I found that their wings fold completely back during flight, making them look like they're just floating there. After the birds are some shots I took around the yard and nearby.

Don't forget, you can click on the photos to see them in their real size. On some photos this doesn't matter, but on most it's a much larger picture.

















Lola took a nice long nap on the deck.




Here are some that are the barn, flowers and other scenery we saw when we took a walk here in the 'hood. We came to horses, a pond and a creek, and some places that were pure paradise. We do live in a beautiful place, here in the Pacific Northwest.










We've been hearing stories of bears nearby. We found this track while on a walk.













Salal blossoms


Wild Roses



Chives in bloom








Click the one below.



So many patterns in one photo (below)


















I'll post more tomorrow, I have plenty now. Thanks for looking and please come back. Leave your mark in the comments box below. I think you may have to register first.




1 comment:

  1. Always amazing and beautiful photos. I am never ever disappointed when I come here to view the art work of your photography. It is so very awesome. I dream of the day I can take photos like that.
    The birds are really cool. Love them.
    We can no longer have bird feeders here so very disappointed want to mvoe so bad.
    Keep up the awesome pcitures for me to enjoy. I love them so.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete